How do I make payments on my balance?

There are several different methods to make payments on your fines, court costs, and restitution.

Payments may be made in person in the office in the form of cash, money order, Mastercard/Visa, personal check, or cashier’s check. Mastercard/Visa payments made at the office require valid ID of the cardholder and a 3% surcharge applies to each payment. There is a $25 minimum for any credit card payment. 

We are open from 8:30am -5:00pm Monday through Friday. If you are unable to get there prior to 5:00pm, you are invited to drop off your payment in our secure drop box located at the front of the building. Please make sure it contains your name, docket # or social security # prior to placing it in the drop box. We are located at:

APPS/ Collections Enforcement Unit 40 East King St. Lancaster, Pa 17603

Payments may also be mailed. They should include your name, docket # or social security number. They should be mailed to: Bureau of Collection P.O. Box 83480 Lancaster, Pa 17608

Payment may also be made online at the Court of Common Pleas System. Please review the directions for e-payments.

We do not accept payments over the telephone.

If you have any questions please call our office at 717-824-8539.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find out how much I owe in fines, court costs, and restitution?
2. Why do I have to pay fines, court costs, and restitution?
3. How do I make payments on my balance?
4. When should I begin to make payments?
5. What will happen if I do not make payments as directed?
6. If I am in jail, what happens to the payment plan?
7. What if I move or change employment?
8. If I am unable to comply with my payment plan due to medical reasons, what should I do?
9. What is an Administrative fee?
10. What is a Supervision fee?
11. If I am ordered to receive court ordered restitution but have not been receiving it, who do I contact?
12. What if I bounce a check for my fines, court costs restitution?
13. What is a Judgment?
14. How do I get detailed copies of all my case balances or payments made to date?