How Do I get certification of overdue support obligations?
Pennsylvania enacted the real estate and personal property lien requirements of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 in Act 58 of 1987 with amendments to 23 Pa.C.S. §4352 (d). Effective January 1, 1998, overdue support on record at the Domestic Relations Section (DRS) became a lien by operation of law on real estate located within the judicial district where the DRS is located. Lien information is available on the Pennsylvania Child Support Program website.

If the search of the report provides, or appears to provide, a DRS defendant / obligor match it will be necessary for you to contact the DRS for a certification of overdue support obligation. To obtain the certification, please utilize the Request for Case Search Form . The completed certification form can be submitted by:
  1. Email attachment to Domestic Relations
  2. Fax to Domestic Relations at 717-293-7270
  3. Regular mail sent to:
    Domestic Relations
    P.O. Box 83479
    Lancaster PA 17608-3479

Please allow at least 48 hours for the completion of the request.

Show All Answers

1. What is support?
2. How do I start a support action in DRS?
3. What do I bring with me when I want to open a support case?
4. What happens during a support conference?
5. What is a recommended order?
6. Can a support order be modified?
7. How are payments made under a support order?
8. What fees are charged?
9. What services are available to the plaintiff / obligee?
10. What services are available to the defendant / obligor?
11. What if the defendant / obligor does not live in Lancaster County?
12. How do I contact Lancaster County Domestic Relations?
13. Do you have interpreters available?
14. Can I participate in the conference / hearing by telephone?
15. How Do I get certification of overdue support obligations?
16. I receive support, how do I close my case?