Judge Henry S. Kenderdine Jr. Self Help Center

Located on the first floor of the Lancaster County Courthouse, the Lancaster County Court Self Help Center opened in July 2004. The main purpose of the center is to provide one central location where self-represented litigants can obtain some of the information and forms that they may need to represent themselves in certain types of court actions. Neither the staff in the center nor the staff in any court office will be able to give you legal advice or help you fill out the forms. The information in the packets is not to be a substitute for professional legal advice tailored to a specific situation.

Funding for the translation of packets into Spanish was generously provided by a grant from the Lancaster Bar Association Foundation.

La traducción al español de los conjuntos de documentos fue generosamente brindada mediante una subvención de la Fundación del Colegio de Abogados de Lancaster.

The following information packets may be purchased at the Center or downloaded free from this website:

  • How to file for custody ($10)
  • Cómo presentar una demanda de custodia?  ($10)
  • How to modify a custody order ($10)
  • ¿Cómo modificar una orden de custodia? ($10)
  • How to file for contempt of a custody order ($10)
  • ¿Cómo presentar un pedimento de desacato a una orden de custodia? ($10)
  • Custody relocation process ($10)
  • How to file for a no-fault divorce with no property to divide ($10)
  • Cómo solicitar un divorcio simple sin causal  ($10)
  • How to file for support ($5)
  • How to file an in forma pauperis petition ($1)
  • How to file an appeal from a license suspension ($5)
  • How to file an appeal from a vehicle registration suspension ($5)
  • How to file a involuntary transfer of vehicle Title ($5)
  • How to file a summary appeal ($5)
  • How to file a petition for limited access under the Clean Slate Law ($1)
  • How to file for expungement (ARD) ($5)
  • How to file a petition for a name change ($5)
  • How to file certain types of actions at a Magisterial Disrict Court ($5)
  • How to file certain types of actions in the Register of Wills office ($10)
  • How to file a modification of final protection order ($1) 

If you want to obtain the services of an attorney but do not know whom to contact, you may call the Lawyer Referral Service at 717-393-0737.

Note: Use of all or part of the data displayed on this site for commercial or other unauthorized purposes is prohibited.